Auto Repair Mint Hill, How do I Jump Start a Battery?
Auto Repair Mint Hill, How do I Jump Start a Battery? As the temperatures get cooler or even downright freezing, battery failure is quite common this time of year. If you know how to jump start your battery properly it is perfectly safe for you to do on your own. Below are the steps to safely jump start a battery:
- Turn off the engine and all electrical accessories
- Connect one of the positive (+) cable clamps to the positive terminal of the discharged battery
- Connect the positive clamp from the other end of the jumper cable to the positive (+) terminal of the good battery
- Connect the clamp from the negative jumper cable to the negative (-) terminal of the good battery
- Connect the negative cable clamp on the other end of the jumper cable to the engine block or bracket
- Make sure that the jumper cables are clear of all moving parts and start the engine of the vehicle with the discharged battery. To remove the cables, reverse the connection order.
If you are looking for top quality auto repair in Mint Hill or South Charlotte area, please stop by Manchester Auto and Tire of Mint Hill or give us a call at 704-545-4597.